31 May 2014

Two ways to use comic strips in Maths teaching

I stumbled across a nice teaching idea in this blog post which is all about giving pupils time to summarise what they've learnt.  The author of the blog suggests that pupils draw comic strips in class or for homework. Here's some examples:
Example worksheet

Example of pupil's work


I once used comic strips for a different purpose in my teaching - I produced this comic strip for my GCSE class, which I showed in this Prezi slideshow to generate discussion about sampling methods.  The characters are all teachers at my school (with slightly amended names...).  It went down well with my class and I set them the task of creating their own versions. We used Bitstrips for Schools which is lovely but can be very time-consuming.

(that's meant to be me by the way!)



No comments:

Post a Comment